GUY PARK MANOR
Historic Guy Park Manor was originally constructed in 1774 for Guy Johnson, by his uncle and father-in-law Sir William Johnson, the British Superintendent for Indian Affairs in colonial New York.
In 2011, the historic house, canal structures and site suffered severe damage during Hurricane Irene and Tropical Storm Lee. Emergency stabilization was quickly undertaken to save the building, and site walls along the canal were temporarily stabilized.
The first phase of the project to restore the functioning canal structures is nearing completion; the next phase of the work involves the restoration and renovation of the Manor to become the new headquarters for the New York State Canal Corporation, and provide public access and interpretation of the overall site.
For restoration and adaptive reuse of the historic manor, Thaler Reilly Wilson Architecture & Preservation, LLP has provided preservation consulting through the stabilization, programming and schematic design phases, and is currently working to complete construction bid documents for the Manor. As part of the renovation, the building will be raised seven feet above the Base Flood Elevation on site to protect against future flooding.
TRW’s scope of the work includes the comprehensive restoration of the building envelope, refurbishing historic masonry, windows, doors, and roofing; at the interior essential renovations of systems and spaces will be complementary to historically sensitive areas, with restoration of historic finishes, lighting and period hardware.